These days we see major shifts in changing consumer demand, more people are shopping online and generally request and expects more transparency from the companies they purchase from.
That means being able to provide accurate information throughout the entire supply chain process.
At the same time, the supply chain became more complex and companies are finding themselves challenged to keep up with the fast pace of technological changes and customer expectations.
Companies that will not take action towards a digital warehouse may find themselves out of business in the years to come.
Let’s take for example the following scenario:
A company is faced with a significant increase in product volume and range, it may sometimes lead to warehouse capacity which is doubling in size.
On top of that, when inventory related transitions are managed manually, it creates a burden in business operation performance.
That means, the company will not be able to perform under these circumstances without being prepared for it.
That means that a company may face a decline in customer service levels, increasing product returns and credit memos, and ultimately it may affect the business cash flow.
If you think of it, if the company had the right tools and software to help her to remain agile and flexible through this phase. And that means, it would have benefited from increased growth and productivity.
What is warehouse digitalization and why it is so important?
Today small and mid-sized enterprises (SME) have access to a wide range of hardware platforms and software technologies.
These technologies ranging from mobile and intelligent devices to the internet and cloud-based services or applications.
It is providing limitless opportunities to innovate and accelerate their transform and helps them remain relevant in today’s competitive marketplace.
If you look at it, warehouse digitalization involved all the processes happening within the warehouse.
The means that all those processes, each one with its on data is connected to the other one. So, the entire warehouse operations are running digital.
That warehouse digitalization can:
- Remove business process waste & increase efficiency?
- Moving from manual & offline systems to real-time & online systems?
- Increase the speed of transactions by capturing data at source?
- Place analytics, data & decision-making into the hands of the user?
- Reduce paperwork & data errors?
- Increase customer service & satisfaction ?
- Improve business profits by reducing inventory obsolesce & waste?
- Complete traceability & audit trail for all connected business processes
Having a digital warehouse can reshape every aspect of SME companies.
So ultimately, your process can look like this:
With the opportunities digital transformation provides, SME’s can change how they interact externally with customers and suppliers across the supply chain, but also internally to optimize business processes, become more agile, increase productivity, while contributing to bottom line.
The underlying pillar for this digital era is mobility, and associated apps need to be simple to consume and deploy, to support the small and mid-size companies’ digital transformation journey.
How can you digitally transform your warehouse?
You can start by implementing a simple solution such as a barcode scanner software.
However, as an SME customer you need a solution that is very easy to implement and configure, and which sidesteps the complexities of larger logistics systems.
Produmex Scan is designed specifically for these requirements, whether dealing with dozens or hundreds of transactions. Its strength lies in simplicity versus complexity, providing easy to use functionality without compromising on performance.
Rapid deployment and ease of use, allows users to start scanning in two hours, providing an accelerated return on investment.
Produmex Scan, a robust, reliable and mobile barcode scanner software was designed for SAP Business One and seamlessly automates warehouse and inventory transactions to provide real time information.
As all major SAP Business One inventory transactions are supported in real-time.
- Procure to Pay – purchase order, goods receipt purchase order?
- Order to Cash – sales order, pick lists, deliveries and returns?
- Manual and Automatic Replenishment – stock transfers and stock requests?
- Production – issue to production and receipt from production?
- Inventory – stock cycle counting and lookups?
- Batch & Serial numbers?
- Configurable label printing, user defined fields and queries?
- Support for GS1-128 (UCC/EAN-128) barcodes?
- Deployment also via Microsoft RDP
As Produmex Scan is such an easy barcode scanner software to implement and use, customers can achieve a swift return on their investment.
Its flexibility allow customer to use SAP Business One tools to adapt and customize it as required.
SAP Business One customer that use SAP Business One standard inventory related transactions, can use Produmex Scan to transform their business and achieve a digital warehouse.
Over 300 satisfied customers use Produmex Scan worldwide.
Some uses it AS IS and benefit from its out-of-the-box capabilities to get up and running quickly. While others use the SAP Business One customization tools to adapt it for more complex data, process and labelling requirements.
Here are the benefits achieve by few of our customers:
- A global Contract Manufacturer in Texas providing high quality services to their customers in bedding, home furnishings and performance apparel. Speed, accuracy and traceability of stock transactions are required in this demanding environment.
- An importer and distributor of Gourmet Italian Cuisine in the greater New York area leveraging real-time transaction processing and detail traceability to ensure that they process customers’ orders quickly and accurately.
- An international group from Michigan efficiently creating, developing, manufacturing and distributing niche healthcare and consumer products using the benefits of barcoding to speed and process thousands of transactions seamlessly and accurately.
Here is one of our customers has to say:
“I like the visibility of what needs to be done on the handheld and, once scanned, the transaction is created in SAP Business One immediately. We gained a lot of efficiency and eliminated the mistakes.”
Bill Snelling, Distribution Manager, Kleiner Products